Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) is an integration solution that simplifies connectivity between applications. It has 3 main components:
- Integration Cloud Service (ICS) —> this is the one we will look at 🙂
- Process Cloud Service (PCS)
- Visual Builder Cloud Service (VBCS)
To find out a bit more information about OIC, visit the following link: https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/paas/integration-cloud-service/icsug/integrations.html
The purpose of this blog is to act as a follow on to my last post where we defined and connected a UiPath robot to UiPath Orchestrator (if you have not seen that yet then you can find it here: http://amysimpsongrange.com/uipath-creating-a-robot-in-orchestrator/)
This blog post will describe how you can use Oracle Integration Cloud’s built-in (!!!) connector to connect to your UiPath Orchestrator instance.
- Log into your Oracle Integration Cloud service console and click “Integrations” on the left navigation pane. This will lead you to the Integration Cloud Service (ICS) component of OIC.
- Once in ICS, select the “Connections” tab on the left navigation pane
- Click the “Create” button to create a new connector (which can later be used by your integrations)
- There are many pre-built connectors to choose from, but in this case, we’ll choose the UiPath RPA Adapter
- Now, enter information that describes the connection that is being created. It is important to use a meaningful name and description to help others in your team to find the connection easily when they are creating their own integrations. The identifier must be unique and can be set only when the connection is created.
- Click “Create”
Before the connector is ready to be used, more connectivity information is required. Click “Configure Connectivity”:
- Connection URL: This is the URL of your UiPath orchestrator instance. In this instance, I will use https://demo.uipath.com
- Tenant Name: This is the name of your tenant within your UiPath orchestrator instance. In this case, I will use my tenant name: “ASG_TENANT”
Before the connector is ready to be used, more security information is required. Click “Configure Security”:
- Enter username and password that is used to log in to the specified UiPath orchestrator tenant. I would recommend for you to avoid using the default “admin” user for this. A user specifically for this connector would be a good idea for ease of transaction traceability. (Users can be managed in UiPath Orchestrator)
- Click “test” to check the connectivity of the connector that you have just created. A ribbon message will display at the top of the screen with a success or failure message. In the event of a failure, ensure that the entered connectivity and security details are correct. It is possible to download diagnostic logs when a failure is reported.